Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Three years

Well, Friday Feb. 17 was my third year working at Crusade. I remember last year thinking that two years was a long time. Ha ha aha. I have never stayed in a job this long before.

Most people my generation tend to change jobs often, I guess I am not like the rest of my generation but I think what makes me stay here is that my job keeps changing. At first I was an Assistant Editor, then more responsiblities till now I have worked up to being an Editor of two websites. This job is really exciting and I still love it. You would think by now that I would be bored but each day I 'm still excited to go to work.

Oh for those of you who don't know the two sites I am editor of they are: Thelife.com and Retirement With A Purpose. Take a look. Both are pretty different but I love both, they are my babies.

It's kind of funny because when I graduated from Kwantlen, I didn't think I was good enough to do any of this but its funny how God prepares you and equips you for things that you can't imagine. I was told by my teachers that I was too innocent, unworldly and sensitive and would never cut it the real world. I refused to listen, I knew that God would meet me where I was and I guess I was a bit stuborn and just didn't want to change. I guess God doesn't view innocence as a bad thing. I feel blessed that God didn't make me hard or worldly.

I think having a soft heart is a good thing. Sensitivity and compassion are two traits that this world is missing. So to all you soft hearted sensitive people out there don't let them say something is wrong with you, chances are God made you that way for a reason, cherish it, protect it. It's a gift from God.

1 comment:

derek salmon said...

well, as a fellow sensitive person, i would like to agree with that. it is good to be innocent and hopefully God has a plan for the sensitiveness...i know it drives me crazy sometimes, but i just try to be sensitive about the right things and not to take things too personally (but that takes an ongoing effort). thanks for sharing those thoughts Leah :)