Monday, January 29, 2007

Perogie Party


Since Christmas I have been craving some of my Grandma's homemade perogies but since she probably will never be able to make them again, I was disappointed until I heard my Grandma's sister, my aunt Edna was coming out from Melville Sask. to visit us and my Grandma. If I can't have my Grandma my aunt Edna is the next best thing. So, my Mom though it would be a great idea to have friends come over and join us in the making of perogies, so Graham and his parents came over as well as Christine my best friend and her parents joined us. Graham's parents and Christine's parents and my parents grew up together so it was so fun. It was like the old days when my Grandma would invite everyone over and the kids would play together, the Dads would either watch sports or play cards together and the women would be cooking in the kitchen. It felt so comfortable and soothing.

The perogies were delicious but I think I had more fun just hanging out with everyone! Definitely a memory that we will have for a long time.

1 comment:

mysecret2day said...

Hi, I am Lara.
Oh, perogie, in Slovakia call them "pirogy" and I know them round, potato-dough and filled
with plums from glas and over it
melted butter with brown breadcrumbs. hmmm....

I am writer and I write here:
www.writerscafe.org/profile/mysecret2day

ciao, Lara